Full Name: (required)
Email Address: (required)
Search Full Website
Search Vacancy Reference No
Retailers enjoy direct contact with a wide range of people, are motivated by completing a sale and knowing a customer is happy with their purchase. They demonstrate range of communications skills and are passionate about delivering a quality service that always aims to exceed customers’ expectations.
Retailers may work in small boutiques, large high street chains, supermarkets or well-known department stores, in addition to more specialist environments such as garden centres, delicatessens and funeral services. They may also work remotely, for example in telephone, on-line and mail order retail.
The learner must have the ability and opportunity to:
• Contribute to the achievement of company targets.
• Apply techniques to optimise sales through product placement and displays.
• Maintain appropriate levels of stock.
• Use technology to support sales and service.
• Comply with legal requirements.
Retailers will develop the following skills, knowledge and behaviours:
• Customer – profiles, interaction, loyalty, repeat business
• Business – vision, objectives, brand standards, customer rapport
• Financial – commercial operations, targeted sales
• Marketing – unique selling points, competitors, promotions, advertising
• Communication – face-to-face, on-line, telephone, differentiated
• Sales & Promotion – buying habits, sales techniques
• Product & Service – enhanced sales, knowledge of product lines/service range
• Brand Reputation – preservation, threats
• Merchandising – sales optimisation, product placement, displays
• Stock – maintenance, seasonal variations
• Technical – social media, digital and multi-channel tools
• Team – positive support, professionalism, personal behaviours
• Performance – active improvements, impact of customer loyalty/increased sales
• Legal & Governance – legislative responsibilities, risk minimisation, health/safety
• Diversity – empathy, demographics, differing backgrounds/cultures
• Environment – minimising negative environmental impact
Functional Skills in English and Maths
Learners who have not already achieved Level 1 English and Maths, must do so as part of the programme.
Learners will need to undertake an End Point Assessment which consists of 3 elements completed in the following order:
• On-demand test
• Practical observation
• Professional discussion
If you are interested in upskilling a member of your team or taking on an apprentice then simply get in touch and one of our expert advisors will contact you with more information.
Speak to an advisor today
for help and guidance about what options are available to you
Call us today
or enquire online
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin