Full Name: (required)
Email Address: (required)
Search Full Website
Search Vacancy Reference No
Furniture and Interiors apprentices follow a comprehensive programme that offers training in a variety of skills in the furniture industry. This could range from Cabinet Making, Upholstery, Polishing to Cutting and Sewing. The tasks undertaken will range between producing or polishing office furniture, bespoke furniture, household furniture and restoration. Upholstery may include working on traditional or modern furniture items. Along with this apprentices will learn design and development, and the cutting of patterns prior to upholstering items of furniture.
As the employer, you will be responsible for most of the basic knowledge and training. There will be no need for the learner to attend a college because they will be visited in the workplace by a qualified NLTG Tutor every 4 - 6 weeks. Learners do however have the opportunity to attend our Centre Of Vocational Excellence (CoVE) in Furniture Manufacture, to further enhance their knowledge and skills if you choose.
Why not have a look at our Why employ an Apprentice? or Why upskill your workforce? pages. These will give you more about what Apprenticeships involve and especially the benefits of incorporating them into your business.
• The learner will have full and varied practical training and on and off the job support from a personal tutor
• We come and see the learner in the workplace so no day release to college
• The training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• The learner will improve on and learn new skills and knowledge
• We will visit the learner regularly during their training
• We will hold regular meetings to check their progress and development
• We have a dedicated team to provide bespoke tutoring for maths, IT and English.
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
I feel that I’ve benefited from the Apprenticeship course as it’s helped me to focus on my career. The skills and knowledge gained over the course of the Apprenticeship are now being put to good use in my new role as upholstery manager. My communication skills are improving within role and I am helping to develop more effective production and training systems within the department. I’ve recently started the Effective Management series with NLTG which has provided valuable support and guidance towards my continued professional development. I’m now more confident in coping with challenges, exploring ideas, organising time and tackling problems.
The Apprenticeship, (Traineeship and Jobs Growth Wales Programmes), led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund.
Speak to an advisor today
for help and guidance about what options are available to you
Call us today
or enquire online
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin