Full Name: (required)
Email Address: (required)
Search Full Website
Search Vacancy Reference No
Warehouse and Logistics Apprenticeships are designed to deliver key skills, knowledge and behaviours to ensure an efficient supply chain for the receipt, storage and movement of a wide range of goods. They cover key skills from stock control, processing, packaging and order tracking, to understanding IT systems, customer service and ensuring the right products are delivered on time, to the right locations within the UK, Europe or worldwide.
As the employer, you will be responsible for most of the basic knowledge and training. There will be no need for the learner to attend a college because they will be visited in the workplace by a qualified NLTG Tutor every 4 - 6 weeks.
Why not have a look at our Why employ an Apprentice? or Why upskill your workforce? pages. These will give you more about what Apprenticeships involve and especially the benefits of incorporating them into your business.
• The learner will have full and varied practical training and on and off the job support from a personal tutor
• We come and see the learner in the workplace so no day release to college
• The training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• The learner will improve on and learn new skills and knowledge
• We will visit the learner regularly during their training
• We will hold regular meetings to check their progress and development
• We have a dedicated team to provide bespoke tutoring for maths, IT and English.
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
Beverley says: “Our products are specialised and come from more than 30 different suppliers around the world so I need to keep on top of things. Usually, I get in touch with suppliers via email or on the phone, but in the 18 months since I started the purchasing job, I’ve travelled to Europe, Australia and Singapore. I get a real satisfaction when the products finally arrive in our warehouse – it can take months sometimes.”
Having worked at the company in Blackburn for seven years, Beverley, has worked her way up through the ranks of the logistics side of the business.
“I started out in stores and then moved into export. There I had to master how to get things shipped overseas – I got to know all the shipping and customs rules around the world.”
During that time, Beverley has completed a City & Guilds Level 2 and Level 3 in Logistics and received a City & Guilds Medal of Excellence Award.
Speak to an advisor today
for help and guidance about what options are available to you
Call us today
or enquire online
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin