Full Name: (required)
Email Address: (required)
Glass is a very popular material used in the construction of buildings, in furniture and other decorative aspects as well as general glazing. As an apprentice in the glass industry, you will follow a comprehensive training programme in one of the following pathways:
• The manufacture of flat glass, decorative glass or double glazed units.
• The manufacture of aluminium or UPVC windows, doors, conservatories or curtain wall.
• The installation of windows, doors, conservatories or curtain wall.
• The installation of fascias, soffits, gutters and bargeboards.
• The distribution of glass related products from a glass related warehouse.
To support you, we at NLTG have a dedicated team, all with a vast experience in the different disciplines mentioned above. NLTG have also been awarded the Glass Training National Training Provider of the year award on two occasions.
The glass related occupations can involve the manufacture of flat glass, double glazed units or UPVC/aluminium frames and structures. It can also cover the installation of aluminium or UPVC frames and structures as well as glazing. There is also an option available for glass related warehousing and distribution. The occupation will involve either working in a factory or on construction sites. The installation and glazing qualifications will include working at height and outside. The occupation can involve using CNC machinery to shape, drill and grind glass and process frame parts working from either computer fobs or technical drawings.
The Glazing Installation/Maintenance (broken glass repair/site glazing) Apprenticeship is connected closely with the construction industries and would be based around working on sites or in factories either within local areas or maybe travelling to other areas. Glazing can take on two forms, either site glazing of large construction projects or domestic glazing, repairing broken windows and doors at domestic properties. You will need a good head for heights and be prepared to work in all types of weather conditions as this work is mostly outside.
All NLTG glass installation apprenticeships help to meet the requirements of the governments competent persons scheme (MTC) and also the requirements for CSCS card achievement.
• All vacancies are jobs from day one
• Your training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• You will receive an attractive wage/salary during training
• We have a dedicated team to support you with your English and maths skills
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
• All employers are appraised for health and safety
• We will visit you regularly during your training
• Your training will be full and varied
Speak to an advisor today
for help and guidance about what options are available to you
Call us today
or enquire online
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin