Full Name: (required)
Email Address: (required)
The Retailer Apprenticeship is suitable for a range of job roles including: Sales Assistant, Stockroom Assistant, Visual Merchandiser and Fresh Food Counter Assistant. It covers essential retail and customer service skills including: stock handling; dispatching goods to customers; processing credit applications; managing payments; providing a range of additional retail services; providing customer service and advice; looking after different products in a retail environment; deputising. Learners will also develop the ability to work effectively as part of the retail team and to provide a positive and seamless service.
NLTG will provide an assessment and depending on the learners current level and abilities they will take the following routes:
• Retailer Standard
• Functional Skills in maths and/or English if not already achieved
As the employer, you will be responsible for most of the basic knowledge and training. There will be no need for the learner to attend a college because they will be visited in the workplace by a qualified NLTG Tutor every 4 - 6 weeks.
Why not have a look at our Why employ an Apprentice? or Why upskill your workforce? pages. These will give you more about what Apprenticeships involve and especially the benefits of incorporating them into your business.
• The learner will have full and varied practical training and on and off the job support from a personal tutor
• We come and see the learner in the workplace so no day release to college
• The training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• The learner will improve on and learn new skills and knowledge
• We will visit the learner regularly during their training
• We will hold regular meetings to check their progress and development
• We have a dedicated team to provide bespoke tutoring for maths, IT and English.
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
I have worked at Ted Carter for eight years and my job role is a Shop Assistant/Coarse Fishing Expert. My duties include serving customers, dealing with their queries and telephone enquiries, stock replenishment and assisting with ordering stock. The qualifications I have achieved through NLTG so far are Level 2 NVQ in Customer Service, Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English and I am just about to complete my Retail apprenticeship where I will achieve a Level 2 NVQ in Retail Skills. If I was asked to explain to school leavers the benefits of apprenticeships, I would tell them to take what’s available to broaden their skills. Don’t be shy of doing apprenticeships and thinking they might not get you anywhere because in my opinion, they are exactly what potential employers are looking for these days.
Speak to an advisor today
for help and guidance about what options are available to you
Call us today
or enquire online
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin