Full Name: (required)
Email Address: (required)
The Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship will train the learner to become either a joiner, who is essentially someone who makes the product, or a carpenter who installs or repairs the product. Traditionally, joiners work in workshops, producing the components for carpenters to install on site. The Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship will provide comprehensive training in a variety of skills. These skills include manufacturing joinery, site carpentry, bench carpentry and also specialist joinery. The Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship is varied and can be tailored to a joinery manufacturer or site carpentry firm.
On the Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship, the learners training will cover the use of hand and power tools especially saws, hammers, drills, jigsaws etc. It is understood that training as a carpenter or joiner involves travel to different locations especially building sites and domestic homes. An experienced carpenter or joiner will be required to oversee their training in a highly practical job.
NLTG will provide an assessment and depending on the learners current level and abilities they will take one of the following routes:
• Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship Standard in either Site Carpenter or Architectural Joiner
• NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Wood Occupations in Site Carpentry or Architectural Joinery
• Functional Skills Level 1 in maths and/or English if not already achieved
• Advanced Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship Standard in either Site Carpenter or Architectural Joiner
• NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Wood Occupations in Site Carpentry or Architectural Joinery
• Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and/or English if not already achieved
As the employer, you will be responsible for most of the basic knowledge and training. The learner will be visited in the workplace by a qualified NLTG Tutor every 4 - 6 weeks. They will also attend a day release at college with a minimal amount of block release.
Why not have a look at our Why employ an Apprentice? or Why upskill your workforce? pages. These will give you more about what Apprenticeships involve and especially the benefits of incorporating them into your business.
• The learner will have full and varied practical training and on and off the job support from a personal tutor
• We come and see the learner in the workplace
• The training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• The learner will improve on and learn new skills and knowledge
• We will visit the learner regularly during their training
• We will hold regular meetings to check their progress and development
• We have a dedicated team to provide bespoke tutoring for maths, IT and English.
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
I have gained a high level of skill as a Bench Joiner achieving levels 2 and 3. This has given me the confidence to develop to my full potential and has enabled me to work my way up within the company. I am now a team leader and look after a small team of Bench Joiners and Apprentices. My skills have given me the ability to produce a high standard of Bespoke Joinery products including spiral staircases, counters, doors and windows. Often these are for exclusive establishments. I was recently involved in manufacturing products for the Shard in London which was a very satisfying experience as I project managed the job from start to finish.
Speak to an advisor today
for help and guidance about what options are available to you
Call us today
or enquire online
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin