Full Name: (required)
Email Address: (required)
100’s of jobs waiting for you!
The Glass and Glazing Industry offers a range of interesting careers, from glass manufacturing, the repair and installation of windows, doors and solar panels, to glass decorating and glass warehousing.
Depending on your role, you may work on commercial, residential or business properties; in a warehouse or manufacturing factory; or on large projects on construction sites. Glass installation and glazing will require you to work at heights and you will need to be prepared to work in all types of weather conditions, as this work is mostly outside. You may also be required to travel to different locations as part of your role.
As a glass apprentice, you will follow a comprehensive training programme in one of the following pathways:
• the manufacture of flat glass, decorative glass or double glazed units.
• the manufacture of aluminium or uPVC windows, doors, conservatories or curtain walls.
• the installation of windows, doors, conservatories or curtain walls.
• the installation of solar/photovoltaic panels.
• the installation of facias, soffits, gutters and bargeboards.
• the distribution of glass related products from a glass related warehouse.
Our glass installation Apprenticeships will help you meet the requirements of the Government’s competent person scheme, which demonstrates you have the minimum technical competence (MTC) required for this role. They also meet the requirements for CSCS card achievement, which provides proof that you have the required training and qualifications to work on construction sites.
You’ll receive real-life training from experienced staff within your workplace, and be visited regularly by a specialist NLTG Tutor. Your Tutor will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship, making sure you develop the skills needed for your job role. As part of your Apprenticeship, you will need to complete a Maths and/or English qualification at Level 1 (ie Grade D/3) if you do not already have these qualifications. Depending on your Apprenticeship, you may also need to study an ICT qualification. Your NLTG Tutor will provide you with support and guidance.
• All vacancies are jobs from day one
• Your training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• You will receive an attractive wage/salary during training
• We have a dedicated team to support you with your English and maths skills
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
• All employers are appraised for health and safety
• We will visit you regularly during your training
• Your training will be full and varied
Teague is a fabricator at Sliders UK Ltd and has now achieved his Level 2 Fabrication Apprenticeship. Sliders UK Ltd are a lead fabricator of what were the first ‘Secured By Design’ patio doors in the UK. They also fabricate composite doors, bi-fold doors and aluminium windows from their large plant in Walton Summit near Preston in Lancashire to a wide market of the fenestration industry.
Teague said, “I am pleased that I completed the course and am greatful to Paul for his help and support as well as that from Dan, Rick and my director, Martin Kirk. I came into this industry with no experience and over my time at Sliders I have learned a lot. During the course I learned to prepare, weld, gear and hang which was a benefit both to me and Sliders.”
Speak to an advisor today
for help and guidance about what options are available to you
Call us today
or enquire online
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin