Full Name: (required)
Email Address: (required)
100’s of jobs waiting for you!
The Upholstery and Soft Furnishing industry is of significant importance to the UK economy, particularly in the supply of end products for residential and commercial living and work places. The industry relies heavily on the skills within its workforce to meet the highest of quality standards. It is vital to ensure the presence of appropriate training for the industry to help them prepare their employees for the future and to maintain and improve their productivity, competitiveness and sustainability. Only by doing this can the required high standards be achieved and maintained.
The Upholstery and Soft Furnishings role includes:
• Stripping back upholstery to frames.
• Preparing and cutting replacement fabric components.
• Providing estimates to customers.
• Selecting and applying materials for suspension including springs, sprung units, suspension systems and webbing.
• Understanding, selecting and fixing the different types of filling materials and when they should be used.
• Upholstering using traditional methods.
• Resolving faults in leather.
• Understanding the history of upholstered furniture.
• Understanding of fabric characteristics, identification and appropriate usage.
You will have to take a Skills Scan to ensure your current level of maths and English is at the required level.
• Portfolio of work.
• Technical certificate and two tests.
• ERR and PLTS booklets.
After completing the Level 3 Apprenticeship, you can progress onto further study in the Furniture Occupations sector or even a qualification in management.
Sound like the Apprenticeship for you? Why not fill in our online application form and we can start searching for your perfect Apprenticeship vacany.
Speak to an advisor today
for help and guidance about what options are available to you
Call us today
or enquire online
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin