Full Name: (required)
Email Address: (required)
100’s of jobs waiting for you!
The role of a Retail Apprentice will depend on the retail organisation they work for. They could be helping customers to choose products, processing payments and maintaining stock levels. They can also create and maintain visual merchandising displays in order to promote products effectively. An Apprentice may work in a specialist department and become a product expert, able to help with specific queries. The overall aim of the qualification is for the apprentice to work effectively as part of the retail team and to provide a positive and seamless service. Job roles include Sales Assistant, Stockroom Assistant, Visual Merchandiser and Fresh Food Counter Assistant.
• City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Retail Skills
• Level 2 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
• Functional Skills
• Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Your employer will train you in the specific skills required for their retail business. This could include taking payments from customers, gaining the relevant product knowledge and maintaining stock levels. You will be trained as part of a team to plan and organise your work. You will gain knowledge of health and safety in the workplace and must be professional and well presented at all times.
• All vacancies are jobs from day one
• Your training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• You will receive an attractive wage/salary during training
• We have a dedicated team to support you with your English and maths skills
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
• All employers are appraised for health and safety
• We will visit you regularly during your training
• Your training will be full and varied
I have worked at Ted Carter for eight years and my job role is a Shop Assistant/Coarse Fishing Expert. My duties include serving customers, dealing with their queries and telephone enquiries, stock replenishment and assisting with ordering stock. The qualifications I have achieved through NLTG so far are Level 2 NVQ in Customer Service, Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English and I am just about to complete my Retail apprenticeship where I will achieve a Level 2 NVQ in Retail Skills. If I was asked to explain to school leavers the benefits of apprenticeships, I would tell them to take what’s available to broaden their skills. Don’t be shy of doing apprenticeships and thinking they might not get you anywhere because in my opinion, they are exactly what potential employers are looking for these days.
Speak to an advisor today
for help and guidance about what options are available to you
Call us today
or enquire online
WordPress Download Manager - Best Download Management Plugin